Friday, July 13, 2007
Summer Starts...Finally!
Whew! After vacation, I need a vacation! We've been home almost two weeks and I finally feel like we've recovered. Now that we're home, it's time for story time, swimming lessons and a new addition: day camp. Every day I take Aiden to the bus stop and he is taken to the park. At the park, he plays with his friends until I come with Avery for swimming lessons. After lessons, we all eat a picnic lunch and then stay for free swim until about 2:00. This year, Aiden has lessons in the big pool, but since he's a year younger than all his friends, he doesn't know how to swim yet. At first he wouldn't even get his head wet, but then I said he couldn't go in the big pool during free swim until he knew how to swim. Now, two days later, he can use the paddle board to cross the pool and willingly dives to the bottom to get rocks his teacher has thrown. I estimate he'll be swimming in two weeks! Avery, on the other hand, has "keep-up-with-brother" syndrome and can do everything Aiden can except dive to the bottom. We've also been planting veggies: peas will be ready soon, but we'll have to wait for August to eat tomatoes and peppers. Hopefully, the strawberries will thrive and we can have some of those too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment